30 Day Ab Challenge. Decide, Commit, Go!
I am so excited about the response to the #30DayAbChallenge, you will not believe! The emails and tweets I have got over the last few days have been phenomenal, I just hope that we really give this challenge our best!
So, what can you expect?!
Well, this challenge is new to me too, although I have committed to many programmes and challenges, short term and long term, I have never done a intensive 30 day challenge, but I think its gonna be epic!
A few things I want to say:
- Rest is for the wicked! Okay, that’s a lie, Rest is an important factor of recovery, so I plan to give you work outs that alternate, rather than hitting the abs with 200 crunches a day…cos lets face it, that approach is bullshit. Yes, we will be doing something 6/7 days a week, but not always the same exercises and a mixture of dynamic and isometric moves. I would not recommend this for a long term plan, but lets get those abs started, some lifetime habits formed so that after the 30 days you can maintain working and challenging your abs 3-4x a week as standard!
- Go Hard or Go Home! If you have been following me a while, you know this is my ethos! I do not do half-hearted, I’m an all or nothing kinda girl and as you are signing up on my time, I expect that from you. I am giving you some ideas but this is all on YOU! I can’t be the one that does your abs for you every day, I will not be choosing your meals… If you want results, there are going to have to be changes, your results depend on that. If you want average abs…go average….if you want great abs….go great!
- Be realistic, getting a 6 pack takes serious commitment and time; challenge yourself yes but also be real about what you can achieve in 30 days, it might not be a 6 pack but if you approach this challenge with heart and commitment you will definitely be on the right path the abs YOU want!
- Great Abs IS NOT all about ab work! Do not believe the hype! Its all about a combination of abs, core, a healthy balanced diet, cardio, posture & hydration.
- Fad diets are BULLSHIT! Yes I said it! If you are expecting me to suggest you drink lemon, water and Cayenne pepper for the next 30 days, well…you are going to be delighted/ disappointed (depending on your mindset!) I believe in long term & sustainable lifestyle changes! Yes, by starving yourself you will lose 10lbs in a week but I want you to make changes that will be still be with you in 6 months, a year, 10 years! I will definitely give you some ideas on how to lose some body fat, but they will be sensible & therefore much easier for you adapt.
- All Work and No Play does a sad thrutheblue make! Listen up folks, I want you to work your asses off, but I do not want you to be miserable. So I am officially making Sunday, ‘Indulgence Sunday’…if….and thats a big IF you are good boys & girls and do your abs all week and eat clean, on a Sunday you can have a treat! This all depends on what you are cutting for the challenge but some treats I like on ‘Indulgence Sunday’ are cheesecake, cupcakes, pancakes…(can you tell I cut wheat from my diet?!)
- Listen to your body! Its important people, know the difference between achiness and soreness, if you need to rest, I will not hunt you down and hurt you…but know the difference between need and want and DO NOT CHEAT YOURSELF!
- The Official Bit:
- (I apologise for the drama but this is necessary)
- By undertaking the #30DayAbChallenge you agree that:
I confirm that I am of good health and that to the best of my knowledge I do not have any medical condition that could be adversely affected by exercise or physical strain.
I acknowledge and agree that my my participation in the Event involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, serious personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. I understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and I voluntarily and freely choose to assume these risks.
I acknowledge that Melissa Weldon does not provide any insurance, whether life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss or damage that may arise in connection with my attendance at, and/or my participation in, the Event.
Urm….so on that bombshell! Let the games commence…I promise not to kill you…but if for some freak reason you kick it mid plank…its on YOU!
Watch out for a new post on the schedule & preparation!
Peace and Perfect Abs!